Autism Testing in Metro Detroit, MI
If you are concerned about your child’s speech or behavioral development, you may consider autism testing. During an autism screen, Dr. Isabelle from Metro Detroit, MI will assess your child’s actions, responses, movements and speech to determine where he or she fits on the autism spectrum. If your child has no signs of autism, Dr. Isabelle can recommend alternative psychological testing services to explore.
The sooner a child is diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder (ASD), a neurological disorder, ADHD or a learning disability, the sooner you can pursue treatment. Not only will this improve the experience for your child, but it will also help you, the parent, better understand what your child is going through. Contact Oakland Neuropsychology Center in Metro Detroit, MI at (248) 644-9466 to learn more about autism testing and psychological evaluation.
How Does Autism Testing Work?
Autism testing and diagnosis typically occurs between 18 months and 3 years of age. However, some children may not show noticeable signs of autism until they are older. Before an autism diagnosis occurs, Dr. Isabelle will speak with the family about any concerns they may have or behaviors they have noticed. This will determine which psychological evaluation is right for the child. The testing will be customized to fit your child’s needs, while still abiding by standard autism testing practices. Typically, an autism screening will follow these steps:
- Your Family Will Have a One-on-One Consultation with Dr. Isabelle at Our Metro Detroit, MI Psychology Center
- Isabelle Will Create an Autism Testing Plan Based on the Child’s Age and Symptoms
- Your Child Will Go through the Testing to See If He or She Has ASD
- Isabelle Will Explain the Test Results to You (Where the Child Is on the Autism Spectrum, or Other Possible Causes of His/Her Behaviors)
- You Will Get Recommendations for Follow-Up Treatment
- If Your Child Needs Additional Psychological Testing, We Can Schedule an Appointment for That
To schedule your first consultation, contact our Metro Detroit autism testing center at (248) 644-9466.
Custom Autism Testing Services for Children and Families in Metro Detroit, MI
Autism testing is not a cookie-cutter process. Because autism covers a range of symptoms and behaviors, the screening for it requires flexibility. Dr. Isabelle will create an autism testing plan specifically for your child. If you receive an autism diagnosis, she can point you to trusted specialists in the Metro Detroit area who can help your entire family. Your child will get treatment to overcome life obstacles, and you will learn how to create a healthy, happy environment for him to thrive in.
Schedule an Appointment for Autism Testing in Metro Detroit, MI by Calling (248) 644-9466
- Autism Testing Oakland County MI
- Autism Testing Bloomfield Hills MI
- Autism Testing Macomb County MI
- Autism Testing Wayne County MI
- Autism Testing West Bloomfield MI
- Autism Testing Waterford MI
- Autism Testing Farmington Hills MI
- Autism Testing Pontiac MI
- Autism Testing Novi MI
- Autism Testing Lathrup Village MI
- Autism Testing Farmington MI
- Autism Testing Birmingham MI
- Autism Testing Detroit Area