Welcome to Oakland Neuropsychology Center! We are currently conducting initial appointments for all new patients who are interested in starting the neuropsychological evaluation process while at home. These appointments are performed via a HIPAA compliant telehealth platform. In-person testing will resume at the clinic in June. If you would like to obtain information about our services, or are interested in scheduling an appointment or evaluation, please call us at 248-644-9466.
Office Safety Precautions in Effect During the Pandemic
Oakland Neuropsychology Center is taking the following precautions to protect our patients and help slow the spread of the coronavirus.
- All clients will be asked to complete an informed consent on the day of their appointment explaining guidelines we are following for all in-person appointments.
- In-person clients will be asked to take their temperature at the time of their appointment.
- Clients that are coming in for in-person testing will be required to wear a face mask.
- My staff and I complete daily health screeners.
- My staff and I wear masks and other PPE, as needed (ex. face shield, gloves).
- My staff and I maintain safe distancing.
- We use a desk shield and air purifier with HEPA filter in the testing room.
- There will be no waiting room seating available as patients will be asked to wait in their cars until the time of their appointment.
- Office seating in therapy/testing rooms has been arranged for appropriate physical distancing.
- Restroom soap dispensers are maintained and everyone is encouraged to wash their hands.
- Hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol is available in the therapy/testing rooms, the waiting room (if open) and at the reception counter.
- We schedule appointments at specific intervals to minimize the number of people waiting for their appointment at the same time.
- Credit card pads, pens and other areas that are commonly touched are thoroughly sanitized after each use.
- Physical contact is not permitted (ex. shaking hands).
- Tissues and trash bins are easily accessed. Trash is disposed of on a frequent basis.
- Common areas are thoroughly disinfected at the end of each day.
Thank you for your understanding and patience as we make these changes over the following weeks.
Isabelle Beaulieu, Ph.D. – Director, Oakland Neuropsychology Center
More Accurate Diagnosis
Jin Lee-Kim, Ph.D., ABPP
Adult Neuropsychologist in Bloomfield Hills
Jin Lee-Kim, Ph.D., ABPP, is a fully licensed psychologist in the State of Michigan and is board certified in Clinical Neuropsychology through the American Board of Professional Psychology and its specialty board, the American Board of Clinical Neuropsychology. She completed her bachelor’s and master’s degrees in neuroscience at the University of Toronto (Ontario, Canada). She then went on to earn her Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology with a specialization in neuropsychology at the University of Windsor (Ontario, Canada). Dr. Lee-Kim completed an APA-accredited pre-doctoral internship at London Health Sciences Centre (Ontario, Canada) and a two-year post-doctoral fellowship in Neuropsychology within the Department of Psychiatry at the University of Michigan Health System (now Michigan Medicine).
Dr. Lee-Kim has worked in various inpatient and outpatient medical settings (Henry Ford Allegiance Health in Jackson, Crittenton Hospital in Rochester, and St. John Medical Center in Detroit) as well as in private practice settings for over 10 years and currently is a senior staff neuropsychologist at Henry Ford Health System. In addition to providing neuropsychological services to patients, she is involved in the training and supervision of interns, post-doctoral fellows, and psychiatric residents.
Dr. Lee-Kim has experiences working with all age groups (children to older adults), but her primary areas of neuropsychological practice includes evaluation and treatment planning of adults and older adults with various neurological and/or psychological concerns. (Read More)
Isabelle Beaulieu, Ph.D. Director
Pediatric neuropsychologist in Bloomfield Hills
Welcome to Oakland Neuropsychology Center! I am a clinical neuropsychologist who focuses primarily on children, adolescents, and adults who are struggling at school, at their work place, or in their community. I specialize in the assessment of academic difficulties (reading, writing, math), attentional problems (ADHD), autism spectrum disorders, executive functioning problems, language and spatial processing issues, anxiety, depression, as well as neurological and genetic disorders.
While most psychological assessments focus primarily on intellectual potential and academic performance, specialized training allows me to also examine how underlying problems with memory, attention, executive functions, language processing, spatial processing, fine motor skills, behavior regulation, and emotional dysfunction frequently contribute to learning, behavioral, and social difficulties.
My evaluations highlight learning strengths and identify areas of weakness requiring accommodations or interventions. After the evaluation, I make detailed, clear, and helpful recommendations based on results and guide you through the next steps so that you and/or your child may reach their full potential. Over the years, I have come to strongly believe that ‘understanding what is going on’ is a crucial first step in determining what type of help will be most beneficial.
This information not only opens doors to the appropriate assistance, it capitalizes on personal strengths, and improves self-awareness and self-esteem. Please click on this link for FAQ.
Academic Specialist and ADHD Coach
In June of 2020, Oakland Neuropsychology Center added another invaluable asset to their team- Academic Specialist and ADHD Coach, Madeline Wahl.
A proud Alumna of Michigan State University, Madeline began her career in education in 2015, earning a Bachelor’s Degree in Special Education- Learning Disabilities, and later acquired a Master’s Degree in Autism Spectrum Disorders, allowing her to best-serve the ever-evolving needs of her students and clientele.
Madeline’s unique, and well-rounded teaching background has provided her with the opportunity to support the needs of her students and families seeking additional aid for their children.
The meaningful connections she has made with individuals and their families has provided her with the opportunity to identify and address areas of concern, tailor instruction to meet the unique needs of her students, and collaboratively design plans in which they set, and subsequently achieve their goals. (Read More)
Professional Organizations & Associations
Psychological Testing News And Updates
Interesting news and articles about modern psychological testing
Oakland Neuropsychology Center
4190 Telegraph Rd, Suite 2700
Bloomfield Hills, MI 48302
Mon – Fri: 9:00am – 4:00pm
Saturday by Appointment