ADHD Testing near West Bloomfield MI
Would you like your child evaluated for attention deficit disorder (ADD) or attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)? Oakland Neuropsychology Center offers ADD and ADHD testing near West Bloomfield MI. Our comfortable office provides a calm environment for children and parents alike. We’re located at:
Oakland Neuropsychology Center
4190 Telegraph Rd, Suite 2700
Bloomfield Hills, MI 48302
Office hours are 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM Monday through Friday, but we can make arrangements outside of those times. Contact us at(248) 644-9466 to set up a consultation.
Signs of ADHD in Children
Here are some common symptoms of ADHD:
- Fidgeting Movements and Having Trouble Sitting Still
- Distracted Thinking or Changing the Natural Flow of a Conversation
- Inattentiveness and Forgetfulness
- Troubles with Organization, Following Direction or Completing a Task from Start to Finish
- Short Attention Spans (Getting Frustrated When Something Takes Too Long)
- Interrupting Others While They Are Speaking
- Acting out in School or in Situations Where They Sit for Long Stretches of Time
- Pacing around or Consistently Standing in Class
These symptoms can be caused by other issues, so it’s important to get a professional evaluation. For instance, not focusing at school could be the result of a learning disability, not ADHD. We will evaluate all of the circumstances to determine what the root source is.
When Should I Consider ADHD Testing for My Child?
If you’ve noticed any of the ADHD signs mentioned above, it may be time to pursue ADHD testing near West Bloomfield MI. According to the CDC, approximately 388,000 U.S. children have been diagnosed with ADHD between the ages of 2 and 5. That number skyrockets to 2.4 million for ages 6-11, and 3.3 million for ages 12-17. The sooner you know the underlying reason for your child’s struggles, the sooner you can seek effective treatment.
What If ADHD Is Not the Diagnosis? Complete Psychological Testing Services
ADHD is common, but it is not the only challenge children could face. We offer comprehensive psychological assessments to answer your burning questions. Our services include:
- Neurological Disorders Exams and Nonverbal Learning Disorder Testing
- Anxiety Testing
- Executive Functions Assessments
- Depression Testing
- Autism Evaluations, Including Asperger’s Testing
- Fetal Alcohol Syndrome Testing and Fetal Alcohol Effects Diagnosis
- Giftedness Testing and Twice Exceptional Evaluations
- Learning Disabilities Testing, Such as Dyslexia, Auditory Processing Disorder, Language Processing Disorder, and Dyscalculia
- Nonverbal Learning Disorder Testing
- Special Accommodations for College Entrance Exams
- And Other Child Neuropsychological Evaluations