ADHD Testing near Pontiac MI
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) has become a common term in today’s households. Many parents are aware of the symptoms of ADHD, but they don’t know if their children actually have it. That is where we come in. We can conduct a thorough screening process to help you determine if your child needs ADHD coaching, support at school, and other accommodations.
Our office is located at:
Oakland Neuropsychology Center
4190 Telegraph Rd, Suite 2700
Bloomfield Hills, MI 48302
How Will I Know That My Child Has ADHD?
Your child may receive an ADHD diagnosis as young as two years old, but many children do not get diagnosed until their school years. This is when symptoms become most apparent. They may struggle to focus in class or maintain a conversation with peers.
Just because your child has some ADHD symptoms does not necessarily mean they have ADHD. Other conditions, such as autism or learning disabilities, have overlapping symptoms.
The best way to know if your child has ADHD is to get a professional evaluation. Our specialists can assess your child’s unique experiences to determine what lies at the root. Common ADHD symptoms include:
- Trouble Sitting Still, Focusing, or Maintaining Patience
- Interrupting Others When They Speak (Talking out of Turn)
- Impulsive Actions
- Fidgeting and Hyperactive Behaviors
- Trouble Finishing a Task from Start to Finish
- Mood Swings and Irritability
- Feeling Frustrated When Asked to Do Time-Consuming Tasks
- Difficulty Prioritizing Tasks or Staying Organized
Approximately 80% of children who have an ADHD diagnosis receive school-based support. There are accommodations available to your child that may help them focus better, be more productive, and feel more in control of their symptoms. Contact Oakland Neuropsychology Center at (248) 644-9466 to schedule ADHD testing near Pontiac MI.
Get a Professional Diagnosis from a Doctorate-Level Neuropsychologist
Oakland Neuropsychology Center has an outstanding reputation because of our high accuracy rates. We provide a range of psychological and neuropsychological testing services, including the following:
- Neurological Disorders Testing
- Learning Disabilities Testing, Including Dyslexia Testing and Nonverbal Learning Disorder Evaluations (NVLD)
- Executive Functions Evaluations
- ADHD Coaching
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Testing
- Mental Health Assessments
- Depression and Anxiety Testing
- ADHD Testing near Pontiac MI
- Independent Educational Evaluations (IEE)
- Giftedness Exams and IQ Testing
- Guardianship Evaluations
- Fetal Alcohol Syndrome Testing
- And Other Psychological Testing Services