ADHD Testing near Southfield MI
Oakland Neuropsychology Center is a trusted resource for ADHD testing near Southfield MI. Our neuropsychologists have years of specialized training, along with a doctorate level education or higher. Many private schools, pediatricians and child psychologists in the area recommend our services for children who may have ADHD.
Oakland Neuropsychology Center
4190 Telegraph Rd, Suite 2700
Bloomfield Hills, MI 48302
Appointments are available Monday through Friday from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM. Contact us at (248) 644-9466 to get started.
What Are the Signs My Child Has ADHD?
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder is usually characterized by a lack of focus and hyperactive behaviors. These may present themselves in the following ways:
- Fidgeting, Pacing, Standing up and Struggling to Sit Still
- Distracted Thinking, Forgetfulness and Inattentiveness
- Interrupting or Changing the Subject of a Conversation
- Difficulty Organizing, Staying on Task and Following Instructions
- Short Attention Spans and Impatience When a Task Takes Too Long
- Acting out in School or at Home, Usually during an Activity That Requires Focus
If your child is showing signs of ADHD, a psychological evaluation can determine if this is indeed the matter at hand. Reach out to (248) 644-9466 for more information about ADHD testing near Southfield MI
Can You Self-Diagnose ADHD?
You may get a general sense of whether your child has ADHD by monitoring symptoms, but this is not nearly as reliable as a professional diagnosis. The fact is that many ADHD symptoms are also symptoms of anxiety, autism, learning disabilities and other struggles. A neuropsychologist can pinpoint the true source of your child’s struggles, allowing for an early diagnosis and effective intervention. Instead of trying to self-diagnose ADHD, consider getting ADHD testing from a licensed specialist.
Accurate Diagnosis for Overlapping Conditions
Approximately 64% of children with ADHD have a coinciding condition, such as anxiety, autism or behavioral issues. This makes professional diagnosis all the more important. Our doctorate-level neuropsychologists have specialized training and years of experience. They piece together the puzzle so your child can get comprehensive support, treatment and accommodations. Our evaluations include:
- ADD Testing and ADHD Testing near Southfield MI
- Neurological Disorders Testing
- Executive Functions Testing
- Nonverbal Learning Disorder Testing
- Fetal Alcohol Syndrome Testing (FAE/FAS/FASD)
- Anxiety Assessments
- Depression Testing
- Autism Evaluations
- Gifted/Twice Exceptional Testing
- Learning Disability Testing for Dysgraphia, Dyslexia, Dyscalculia, Auditory Processing Disorder, Language Processing Disorder and More
- Accommodations for College Entrance Exams
If You’d Like to Pursue ADHD Testing near Southfield MI, Please Call (248) 644-9466
- ADHD Testing in Metro Detroit MI
- ADHD Testing in Bloomfield Hills MI
- ADHD Testing in Oakland County MI
- ADHD Testing near You
- ADHD Testing near West Bloomfield MI
- ADHD Testing near Brighton MI
- ADHD Testing near Northville MI
- ADHD Testing near Pontiac MI
- ADHD Testing near Royal Oak MI
- ADHD Testing near Troy MI