Learning Disabilities Testing near West Bloomfield MI
Learning disabilities can impact every element of a person’s life, from academics to social settings and beyond. This doesn’t mean that life with a learning disability is impossible. Most people are able to find effective treatment and accommodations after they’ve been diagnosed.
That’s the key though – there has to be a diagnosis. Oakland Neuropsychology Center offers learning disabilities testing near West Bloomfield MI:
Oakland Neuropsychology Center
4190 Telegraph Rd, Suite 2700
Bloomfield Hills, MI 48302
Appointments are available Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM, but we can make arrangements outside of those hours. If you’re interested in learning disabilities testing for your child, call (248) 644-9466 to schedule an appointment.
What Are the Signs of Learning Disabilities?
Most parents notice the signs of learning disabilities when a child starts speaking, writing or attending school. The signs may show earlier than that though. Common indicators of learning disabilities include:
- Difficulty Reading, Writing or Paying Attention in School
- Emotional Outbursts Resulting from Learning Frustrations
- Trouble Staying Organized or Focusing on a Specific Task
- Avoiding Tasks Related to Education (Not Wanting to Read a Book, Throwing a Tantrum before School, etc.)
- Difficulty Following Direction or Completing Steps in Order
- Trouble Telling Time
- Short Attention Span and Poor Memory
- Delays with Speech and Language Development
If you are concerned your child may have a learning disability, early intervention is ideal. This gives your child tools early on that they can use throughout their lifespan. Contact us at (248) 644-9466 to schedule an appointment for learning disabilities testing near West Bloomfield MI.
Psychological Testing for Many Types of Learning Disabilities
Oakland Neuropsychology Center offers a wide range of learning disabilities testing services, including:
- Dyslexia Testing
- Auditory Processing Disorder Testing
- Dysgraphia Testing
- ADHD Testing and ADD Testing
- Language Processing Disorder Testing
- Dyscalculia Testing
- Nonverbal Learning Disorder Testing
- Executive Functions Testing
We also provide accommodations for high stakes exams, such as the SAT, ACT, MCAT, LSAT and GMAT. Furthermore, we offer psychological and neurological assessments for fetal alcohol spectrum disorders (FAE/FAS), anxiety, depression, autism, giftedness, neurological disorders, and more.