Learning Disabilities Testing near Bloomfield Township MI
Learning disabilities impact children and adults far beyond the school environment. They impact everyday activities, from reading a book to creating a simple budget and more. Thankfully, people with learning disorders can learn how to manage their symptoms with proper training. This process starts with a confirmed diagnosis from a clinical psychologist.
Oakland Neuropsychology Center offers learning disabilities testing near Bloomfield Township MI. Our psychologists are celebrated for their high accuracy rates for diagnoses. We know effective treatment starts with actionable answers, and that’s what we aim to provide every time. Our office is located at:
Oakland Neuropsychology Center
4190 Telegraph Rd, Suite 2700
Bloomfield Hills, MI 48302
Appointments are available Monday through Friday from the hours of 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM. Contact us at (248) 644-9466 to schedule your consultation.
What Are the Most Common Learning Disabilities?
Learning disabilities testing covers a wide spectrum of conditions. All of them impact the way a person’s brain processes information, whether it be spoken word, facial cues, written words, or other sources. Our goal is to pinpoint the root cause of a person’s struggles so they can seek out a fitting solution. The most common learning disorders are:
- Dyslexia: Trouble reading letters or understanding written information
- Dysgraphia: Issues with handwriting and other fine motor skills
- Dyscalculia: Difficulty reading numbers or understanding math equations
- Auditory Processing Disorder (APD): Trouble hearing the difference between certain words and sounds
- Language Processing Disorder (LPD): A type of APD related to language-based sounds
- Nonverbal Learning Disorder: Issues interpreting body language, facial expressions and social cues
Sometimes attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is grouped with learning disabilities because the symptoms overlap in many ways. During the psychological evaluation, we can determine if ADHD is indeed the cause or if there is a learning disability present. Give us a call at (248) 644-9466 for more information about learning disabilities testing near Bloomfield Township MI.
Psychological Exams and Special High Stakes Exam Accommodations
Oakland Neuropsychology Center offers comprehensive psychological evaluations, from learning disorders testing to autism testing and beyond. We also provide accommodations for high stakes exams. Some students need additional support during these exams, such as intermittent breaks or a distraction-free environment. We have the tools, expertise and authorization to provide these arrangements. Our services include:
- Anxiety Testing
- ADHD Testing
- ADD Testing
- Neurological Disorders Testing
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Testing
- Depression Testing
- Executive Functions Testing
- Giftedness Testing and Twice Exceptional Testing
- Fetal Alcohol Syndrome Testing
- Nonverbal Learning Disorder Testing
- And Learning Disabilities Testing near Bloomfield Township MI
To Learn More about Learning Disabilities Testing near Bloomfield Township MI, Give Us a Call at (248) 644-9466