ADD Testing near Southfield MI
If you’re in need of ADHD or ADD testing near Southfield MI, Oakland Neuropsychology Center is here to assist you. We specialize in diagnosing complex cases and giving caregivers the tools to help children in their lives. Whether you’ve recently noticed symptoms of ADD or you’re trying to better understand your child’s struggles, a psychological evaluation can help. Our office is located at:
Oakland Neuropsychology Center
4190 Telegraph Rd, Suite 2700
Bloomfield Hills, MI 48302
We’re open Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM, and we have special appointment times available as needed. Contact (248) 644-9466 to learn more about ADD testing near Southfield MI.
Are ADD and ADHD the Same?
Attention deficit disorder (ADD) and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) fall within the same spectrum. The only difference is that ADHD includes fidgeting behaviors, while ADD mostly involves a lack of focus. Common symptoms of ADD and ADHD include:
- Fidgeting Movements and Hyperactivity (ADHD Only)
- Distraction, Inattentiveness and Short Attention Span
- Trouble Staying on Task or Focusing on a Conversation
- Interrupting Others When They Talk
- Issues Following Instructions Step by Step
- Misbehaving in School or Getting Frustrated with Tedious Tasks
To find out if your child has ADD, ADHD, or another underlying condition, contact Oakland Neuropsychology Center at (248) 644-9466.
Will ADD Qualify My Child for an IEP?
Having an ADD diagnosis from a licensed neuropsychologist may qualify your child for special education accommodations. However, the school will want to conduct an independent evaluation to determine if your child should get an individualized education plan (IEP). ADD and ADHD are not expressly listed as conditions that qualify for IEPs, but they can fit within some of the subcategories. ADD testing provides a gateway for support, but there may be additional steps necessary to assist your child in school/at home.
Psychological Testing for Complex Cases and Coinciding Conditions
Many children with ADD or ADHD have a secondary condition, such as anxiety, dyslexia or autism. Having an accurate diagnosis is crucial for these complex cases because it allows for tailored treatment and support. We’ll assess all the pieces of the puzzle so you can pursue an effective intervention plan. Our services include:
- Learning Disabilities Testing
- Dyslexia Testing, Dyscalculia Testing and Dysgraphia Testing
- Assessments for Auditory and Language Processing Disorders
- Neurological Disorders Testing
- Anxiety Testing
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Testing
- Depression Testing
- ADHD Testing and ADD Testing near Southfield MI
- Executive Functions Exams
- Fetal Alcohol Syndrome and Fetal Alcohol Effects Testing
- Gifted and Twice Exceptional Assessments
- Nonverbal Learning Disorder Testing
- ACT and SAT Accommodations for Students with Learning Disabilities, ADHD and More
- And Other Psychological and Neuropsychological Evaluations