ADD Testing near Pontiac MI
Does your child struggle to pay attention in class or at home? You may notice this when you’re completing homework or a chore together. This lack of focus could come from many different sources, including attention deficit disorder (ADD). ADD is now grouped with ADHD as an official diagnosis, and Oakland Neuropsychology Center offers ADHD and ADD testing near Pontiac MI. Through our services, you can…
- Determine Why Your Child Is Struggling in School, at Home, or in Social Settings
- Get an Official Diagnosis So You Can Pursue Effective Support
- Enjoy a Family-Friendly Setting for ADD Testing near Pontiac MI
- Find Other Underlying Issues That May Impact Your Child’s Quality of Life, Such as Learning Disabilities and Anxiety
- Learn about Specialists in Your Area Who Can Help with the Next Steps of Your Journey
Contact our office at (248) 644-9466 to schedule your child’s ADHD screening.
What Is the Difference between ADD and ADHD?
Attention deficit hyperactivity was once broken into two separate categories: ADD and ADHD. Both conditions covered children with focus issues, but ADHD included hyperactive behaviors. The American Psychiatric Association combined the two into a single diagnosis in 1987 under the label ADHD.
Our professionals no longer use ADD in their evaluations, but we still have parents contact us about ADD testing near Pontiac MI. The goal of any psychological or neuropsychological test is to deduce the underlying causes of behavioral issues, developmental delays, and academic struggles. We’ll do just that during your child’s ADHD evaluation.
Oakland Neuropsychology Center
4190 Telegraph Rd, Suite 2700
Bloomfield Hills, MI 48302
Quality Psychological Evaluations with High Accuracy Rates
Oakland Neuropsychology Center has a longstanding reputation because of our high accuracy rates. We use the latest testing models and have advanced training for complex cases. Perhaps your child has ADHD and a learning disability. Maybe the symptoms of anxiety are presenting themselves as ADD symptoms. Whatever the circumstances may be, we can get to the root of the matter. Our services include the following:
- ADD and ADHD Coaching
- Independent Educational Evaluations (IEE)
- Anxiety Testing
- Learning Disabilities Testing to Screen for Dyslexia, Dyscalculia, Auditory Processing Disorder, etc.
- ADHD and ADD Testing near Pontiac MI
- Guardianship Evaluations
- Autism Evaluations
- IQ Testing and Gifted/Twice Exceptional Testing
- Executive Functions Assessments
- Nonverbal Learning Disorder Testing (NVLD)
- Neurological Disorder Exams
- Depression Evaluations
- Child Mental Health Assessments
- Fetal Alcohol Syndrome Testing (FAS)
- And Other Neuropsychological Assessments