Nonverbal Learning Disorders Testing near West Bloomfield MI
Does your child have a hard time understanding body language? Have you noticed issues with coordination, fine motor skills, or following instructions? These could be signs of a nonverbal learning disorder. With the help of nonverbal learning disorders testing, you can identify what’s causing your child’s symptoms and create a personalized intervention plan to address them.
Oakland Neuropsychology Center offers nonverbal learning disorders testing near West Bloomfield MI. Our office hours are 9AM-4PM Monday through Friday, and our address is:
Oakland Neuropsychology Center
4190 Telegraph Rd, Suite 2700
Bloomfield Hills, MI 48302
Call (248) 644-9466 if you’d like to schedule an appointment.
What Are the Signs of Nonverbal Learning Disorders?
The reason nonverbal learning disorders are often hard to diagnose is because they do not directly impact reading and writing abilities. Nevertheless, they can impact a child’s experience at school, at home and in social settings, Symptoms of NVLDs include:
- Poor Coordination
- Delays Related to Fine Motor Skills
- Misinterpreting Expressions and Body Language
- Troubles with Reading Comprehension, Specifically Related to Grasping a Story as a Whole
- Strong Focus on Small Details
- Difficulty Adjusting to Changes in Routine or Lifestyle
- Problems Following Step by Step Instructions
- Interpreting Information Literally without Understanding Sarcasm or Implications
- Talking Like an Adult at an Early Age
- Not Being Able to See the Differences between Objects
- Interrupting Conversations to Ask Off-Topic Questions
If your child has some of these symptoms and you’d like nonverbal learning disorders testing near West Bloomfield MI, please call (248) 644-9466 to get started.
How Common Are Nonverbal Learning Disorders?
It’s hard to definitively say how many people have nonverbal learning disorders, but some research estimates 3-4% of children in North America. The testing process has become more advanced in recent years, which allows for more accurate diagnoses. Thus the prevalence of people with NLD may not be on the rise, but the number of accurately diagnosed children is.
Thanks to nonverbal learning disorder testing, you can learn about your child’s unique challenges early on and seek the appropriate support.
Complete Psychological and Neuropsychological Testing to Pinpoint the Root of the Matter
Oakland Neuropsychology Center offers comprehensive mental health and behavioral evaluations, including:
- Learning Disability Testing
- ADD Testing
- ADHD Testing
- Autism Testing
- Neurological Disorders Testing
- Anxiety Testing
- Depression Testing
- Executive Functions Testing
- Nonverbal Learning Disorder Testing near West Bloomfield MI
- FAE and FAS Testing
- Giftedness Testing
- Twice Exceptional Testing
- College Entrance Test Accommodations