Nonverbal Learning Disorders Testing in Metro Detroit MI
Nonverbal learning disorders affect how a person interprets facial expression, social cues, and body language. This can lead to issues in several areas of life, from school to peer groups and beyond. By getting a professional diagnosis, you can learn tools and techniques to help your child navigate life with an NLD.
Oakland Neuropsychology Center offers many psychological and neuropsychological testing services, including:
- Learning Disabilities Testing, Such as Dyscalculia, Dyslexia, and Dysgraphia
- Autism Testing
- ADHD Testing and ADD Testing
- Executive Functions Testing
- Child Depression and Anxiety Testing
- Neurological Disorders Testing
- Giftedness Testing
- Twice Exceptional Testing
- Fetal Alcohol Effects Testing
- Independent Educational Evaluation (IEE)
- And Nonverbal Learning Disorder Testing in Michigan
To schedule a consultation or to speak with our intake coordinator, contact us at (248) 644-9466.
What Are Nonverbal Learning Disorders?
Nonverbal learning disorders affect how a child interacts with others, processes instructions and handles tasks from day to day. A large portion of communication occurs in nonverbal forms, from inflections in speech to shifts in body language. Someone with an NLD may struggle to interpret that information. Symptoms of nonverbal learning disorders include:
- Misinterpreting Body Language and Facial Expressions
- Limited Reading Comprehension (Focusing on Small Details instead of Story Lines)
- Poor Coordination and Struggles with Fine Motor Skills
- Taking Statements Literally without a Grasp on Sarcasm
- Advanced Language Development (Speaking Like an Adult at a Young Age)
- Struggling with Life Transitions and Routine Changes
- Problems Identifying Differences between Objects
- Issues Following Multiple Step Instructions
- Interrupting the Flow of a Conversation to Ask Questions
If your child has developed these symptoms, he or she could benefit from nonverbal learning disabilities testing in Metro Detroit MI. Contact Oakland Neuropsychology Center at (248) 644-9466 to schedule a consultation with a clinical psychologist.
Early Diagnosis Leads to Early Intervention – How to See an NLD Specialist in Metro Detroit MI
The best way to seek effective treatment and education accommodations is to get a documented diagnosis. That’s where we come in. With the help of nonverbal learning disorders testing, we can define your child’s unique needs and point you to the appropriate specialist.
Oakland Neuropsychology Center
4190 Telegraph Rd, Suite 2700
Bloomfield Hills, MI 48302
Our office hours are Monday through Friday from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM.