Nonverbal Learning Disorders Testing in Michigan
If your child is in need of nonverbal learning disorders testing in Michigan, Oakland Neuropsychology Center has specialists on-staff to assist you. We provide a range of psychological testing and neuropsychological testing services, including:
- Executive Functions Testing
- Neurological Disorders Testing
- ADHD Testing
- Independent Educational Evaluations (IEE)
- ADD Testing
- Including Autism Testing
- Child Anxiety Testing and Depression Testing
- Learning Disabilities Testing
- Fetal Alcohol Effects Testing and Fetal Alcohol Syndrome Testing
- Giftedness Testing
- Twice Exceptional Testing
- And Nonverbal Learning Disorder Testing in Michigan
The first step in your journey is a quick consultation. We can discuss your needs and determine which testing services your child may require. Give us a call at (248) 644-9466 to learn more.
What Do Nonverbal Learning Disorders Look Like?
The bulk of how people communicate occurs through nonverbal cues. This is why it is so easy to misinterpret emails or text messages. You cannot read the person’s body language or inflections to understand his or her true meanings.
For someone with a nonverbal learning disorder, life is a constant state of misunderstood emails. They struggle to read facial expressions and subtle implications. NLD symptoms include:
- Misinterpreting Body Language, Facial Cues and Other Nonverbal Expressions
- Struggles with Coordination, Executive Functions and Fine Motor Skills
- Not Understanding Sarcasm/Taking Statements Literally
- Advanced Speech Development with Poor Reading Comprehension (Focusing on Details in the Story instead of the Story Itself)
- A Strong Need for Routine with Difficulty Adjusting to Life Changes
- Difficulties with Visual-Spatial Interpretations
- Interrupting the Flow of a Conversation to Ask Questions
- Problems Understanding and Following Multi-Step Instructions
If your child has shown signs of nonverbal learning disorders, there are many treatments available. After your nonverbal learning disabilities testing, we can recommend specialists to help your child succeed. Contact us at (248) 644-9466 to learn about nonverbal learning disorders testing in Michigan.
Is NLD Testing Right for My Child?
Nonverbal learning disorders have symptoms that overlap other conditions, such as autism. Our evaluations look at the underlying issues to diagnose a child’s specific needs. When you contact our office, we can help you decide which testing services may be a good fit for your child.
Oakland Neuropsychology Center
4190 Telegraph Rd, Suite 2700
Bloomfield Hills, MI 48302
To Learn More about Nonverbal Learning Disorders Testing in Michigan, Call Oakland Neuropsychology Center at (248) 644-9466