Nonverbal Learning Disorders Testing near Southfield MI
Nonverbal learning disorders are often harder to pinpoint than ADHD, learning disabilities, autism, and other conditions. NVLD affects visual-spatial processing, but not verbal or reading abilities. Common indicators of nonverbal learning disabilities include:
- Trouble Understanding Body Language and Facial Expressions
- Poor Coordination
- Issues Related to Fine Motor Skills
- Trouble Interpreting Sarcasm
- Focusing on Small Details in a Story, Rather Than the General Story Line
- Struggles with Multiple Step Instructions
- Problems Adjusting to Life Transitions and Changes in Routine
- Not Being Able to Find the Differences between Objects
- Advanced Language Development (Speaking above What’s Expected at the Child’s Age)
- Interrupting the Natural Pattern of Conversation to Ask Questions
If you think your child needs nonverbal learning disorders testing near Southfield MI, contact Oakland Neuropsychology Center at (248) 644-9466.
A Comfortable Setting for You and Your Child
The evaluation process doesn’t have to be stressful. We strive to make it as comfortable as possible for both you and your child. Our standard office hours are Monday through Friday, 9AM to 4PM. The office is located at:
Oakland Neuropsychology Center
4190 Telegraph Rd, Suite 2700
Bloomfield Hills, MI 48302
What Is the Prevalence of Nonverbal Learning Disorders?
While it’s difficult to say exactly how common nonverbal learning disorders are, approximately 3-4% of children in North America have been diagnosed. This does not take into account the many children who receive a late diagnosis, who are misdiagnosed, or who never get tested in the first place.
Accuracy is crucial in the world of psychological testing. That is the first step toward effective care, proactive treatment, and valuable resources. Oakland Neuropsychology Center is known for its high accuracy rates, and you can count on us for nonverbal learning disorders testing near Southfield MI. Reach out to (248) 644-9466 to learn more.
We Offer a Wide Range of Psychological Testing Services
What if NVLD isn’t the root of the matter? You still need answers so you can pursue treatment and support. This is why we offer a full suite of neuropsychological evaluations, including:
- ADD and ADHD Testing
- Neurological Disorders Testing
- Executive Functions Evaluations
- Nonverbal Learning Disorder Testing near Southfield MI
- Fetal Alcohol Syndrome Testing for FAE, FASD and FAS
- Anxiety and Depression Psychological Exams
- Autism Testing, Including the Condition Formerly Known as Asperger’s Syndrome
- Giftedness and Twice Exceptional Evaluations
- Learning Disability Testing for Conditions Like Language Processing Disorder, Dysgraphia, Dyslexia, Auditory Processing Disorder, Dyscalculia, and More
- Specialized Accommodations for College Entrance Exams