Giftedness Testing near West Bloomfield MI
Gifted children thrive in many academic settings, but they may struggle in other areas of their lives. With an accurate diagnosis, you can seek the appropriate support for your child’s strengths and weaknesses. Oakland Neuropsychology Center offers giftedness testing near West Bloomfield MI.
Oakland Neuropsychology Center
4190 Telegraph Rd, Suite 2700
Bloomfield Hills, MI 48302
Our standard office hours are Monday through Friday from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM, but we can make arrangements outside of those hours. Contact us at (248) 644-9466 to learn more.
How Giftedness Impacts Children on a Daily Basis
Gifted children often express the following characteristics:
- Asking Persistent Questions to Fuel Their Heightened Curiosity
- A Quirky Sense of Humor
- Trouble Socializing with Peers Due to Different Thinking Patterns
- Attention to Unusual Details in a Situation
- Meticulous Organization for Even the Most Casual Situations
- Approach Tasks in Different and Unique Ways
These traits overlap some other conditions, which is why it’s so important to get a proper diagnosis. If you’d like a consultation for giftedness testing near West Bloomfield MI, contact us at (248) 644-9466.
The Importance of Accurate Diagnosing for Giftedness
As much as 5% of gifted children are inaccurately diagnosed with a mental disorder. Rather than getting support for their giftedness, they receive treatment for a condition they don’t actually have. Through the process of giftedness testing, we can definitively determine what your child is going through so you can improve their quality of life. We’ll also put you in touch with specialists in the West Bloomfield area who can guide you through the next steps of your journey.
Additional Psychological Testing Services to Support Your Child’s Journey
A gifted child with a learning disability is considered twice exceptional. They have the traits of giftedness, combined with added struggles from another condition. These cases can be complex, but our doctorate-level neuropsychologists have the experience to figure them out. We provide a range of neuropsychological and psychological evaluations, including:
- Autism Assessments
- Learning Disability Testing
- Fetal Alcohol Effects Testing
- Dyslexia Testing, Dyscalculia Testing and Dysgraphia Testing
- ADHD and ADD Testing
- Neurological Disorders Testing
- Executive Functions Evaluations
- Nonverbal Learning Disorder (NVLD) Testing
- Anxiety Assessments
- Depression Testing
- Twice Exceptional Testing and Giftedness Testing near West Bloomfield MI
- Special Education Accommodations for College Entrance Exams