Giftedness Testing near Southfield MI
When you need reliable, accurate giftedness testing near Southfield MI, Oakland Neuropsychology Center can accommodate you. We specialize in psychological testing and neuropsychological evaluations for children. From autism diagnoses to learning disabilities and giftedness, our diagnostic procedures can identify the root of your child’s experiences.
Oakland Neuropsychology Center
4190 Telegraph Rd, Suite 2700
Bloomfield Hills, MI 48302
Reach out to (248) 644-9466 to schedule an appointment for giftedness testing near Southfield MI.
The Effects of Giftedness on Education, Socialization, and General Interactions
Gifted children have positive experiences in many areas, but their unique perspectives may cause trouble in other areas. The beauty of getting a giftedness evaluation is that you get the answers to create a better quality of life for your child. Common symptoms of giftedness include:
- Troubles Relating to Certain Peers
- Intense Curiosity, Coupled with a Need to Ask Questions
- Finding Humor in Unexpected Ways
- Approaching Tasks or Challenges from a Unique Angle
- Tedious Organization Skills for Most Aspects of Life
- Latching onto Unexpected Details from a Story or Memory
- Advanced Academic Skills That May Lead to Lapses in Other Areas
If you think your child may be gifted or twice exceptional, contact Oakland Neuropsychology Center at (248) 644-9466.
Giftedness Testing Can Help You Pursue Support for Your Child
There are educational and lifestyle supports available to help gifted children utilize their strengths and overcome their weaknesses. An accurate diagnosis is the first step in receiving that support. Sadly, 3-5% of children with giftedness are falsely diagnosed with a mental disorder. These children are unable to get the support they need until they can be properly diagnosed. Our goal is to provide an accurate diagnosis the first time around so you can move forward with your child’s journey.
Are There Other Tests My Child Should Get?
Gifted traits overlap symptoms from other conditions, which is why testing is so important. A child may also have giftedness combined with another trait, like a learning disability or ADHD. We can evaluate all of this to determine the best path for your child’s future. Oakland Neuropsychology Center offers:
- ADD and ADHD Testing
- Executive Functions Testing
- Fetal Alcohol Effects Testing
- Autism Testing
- Neurological Disorders Testing
- Nonverbal Learning Disorder Testing
- Learning Disorder and Dyslexia Testing
- Depression Testing
- Twice Exceptional Testing
- IQ Testing
- College Entrance Exams