ADHD Screening near West Bloomfield MI
Does your child get easily distracted or struggle to follow directions? Have you noticed fidgeting behavior or uncontrolled hyperactivity? These are some indicators you may need an ADHD screening for your child.
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder affects a large portion of the population. The good news is, that there are plenty of resources out there to manage ADHD and enjoy a good quality of life. Keep an eye out for the following signs:
- Trouble Staying Organized and Forgetfulness
- Struggling to Stay on Task
- Distracted Thinking
- Changing Tasks or Interrupting the Flow of Conversations
- Difficulty Following Directions
- Excessive Talking, Pacing or Movements (Not Sitting Still)
- Short Attention Span
- Impulsive Behavior and Making Careless Mistakes
- Frustration at School or during Group Activities
- Not Actively Listening When Others Talk
Contact Oakland Neuropsychology Center to schedule an ADHD screening near West Bloomfield MI. You may reach us at (248) 644-9466.
When Do Children Develop ADHD?
The onset of ADHD symptoms varies from one child to the next. The symptoms tend to be most noticeable in the early school years, but they could present themselves before then. Most children have noticeable ADHD between the ages of 3 and 12, but many go without getting an official diagnosis. In fact, you may be an adult with ADHD reading this right now, but you’ve never had someone officially tell you if ADHD was the culprit.
An early diagnosis leads to early coping. ADHD is not something that goes away on its own, but it can be managed. If you suspect your child may have ADHD, we highly recommend scheduling an evaluation. Please contact (248) 644-9466 to set up an ADHD screening near West Bloomfield MI.
What Happens If It’s Not ADHD?
ADHD is just one potential cause of struggles in school or at home. Our clinical psychologists have years of specialized experience. They can assess the symptoms, behaviors, frustrations, etc. to find the root cause of the issues. Our services include:
- Anxiety Testing
- ADHD Coaching
- ADD and ADHD Screening near West Bloomfield MI
- Independent Educational Evaluations (IEE)
- Neurological Disorder and NVLD Diagnosis
- Guardianship Evaluations
- Autism Assessments
- Executive Functions Testing
- Depression Evaluations
- IQ Testing
- Gifted and Twice Exceptional Testing
- Fetal Alcohol Syndrome Testing
- Learning Disabilities Testing, Such as Dyslexia Testing, Dysgraphia Testing, Dyscalculia Testing and More
Contact Oakland Neuropsychology Center to Set up an ADHD Screening near Pontiac MI | (248) 644-9466
Oakland Neuropsychology Center
4190 Telegraph Rd, Suite 2700
Bloomfield Hills, MI 48302