ADHD Screening near Pontiac MI
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder affects people of all ages. It can make tasks, organization and day-to-day life tricky, but it is entirely manageable with proper treatment. The key is to get a diagnosis as soon as possible so you or your child can access the support available.
Listed below are some common indicators of ADHD:
- Impulsive Behavior without Considering the Potential Consequences
- Excessive Talking or Fidgety Movements
- Making Careless Mistakes or Forgetting Tasks Altogether
- Trouble Following Direction, Completing a Task before Starting Another, or Listening Intently When Others Are Speaking
- Difficulty Staying Organized or Maintaining Concentration
- A Short Attention Span for the Age
- Getting Frustrated When Asked to Complete a Chore, Assignment, or Anything That Requires Prolonged Focus
- Emotional Outbursts When Asked to Be Quiet, Sit Still, Listen, etc.
When Should I Schedule an ADHD Screening?
If you’ve noticed signs of ADHD, it’s a good idea to schedule a screening. However, you may not know if the symptoms are related to ADHD, anxiety, a learning disability, etc. Our experts can point you in the right direction. We know how to peel back the layers to pinpoint the root of your child’s struggles. With a definitive diagnosis in hand, you can pursue the most effective treatment for your child.
Reach out to Oakland Neuropsychology Center to learn more about ADHD screening and psychological testing for children. Our phone number is (248) 644-9466.
Assessments for Anxiety, ADHD, Neurological Disorders and Complex Cases
Despite the prevalence of ADHD, it is far from the only condition that may impact your child. Many of the children we work with have been misdiagnosed by another provider in the past because that provider didn’t have the experience or expertise to truly evaluate the situation. We specialize in complex cases, so you can rest assured you’re receiving a proper diagnosis. Our services include:
- Anxiety and Depression Testing (Mental Health Assessments)
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Testing
- Independent Educational Evaluations (IEE)
- Neurological Disorders Testing
- ADHD Coaching and ADHD Screening near Pontiac MI
- Guardianship Evaluations
- Executive Functions Evaluations
- IQ Testing and High Stakes Exams
- Twice Exceptional and Giftedness Diagnosis
- Fetal Alcohol Syndrome Testing
- NVLD and Learning Disability Testing
- Dyslexia and Dyscalculia Testing
Contact Oakland Neuropsychology Center to Set up an ADHD Screening near Pontiac MI | (248) 644-9466
Oakland Neuropsychology Center
4190 Telegraph Rd, Suite 2700
Bloomfield Hills, MI 48302