ADHD Screening in Metro Detroit
Would you like to get your child evaluated for ADHD? Oakland Neuropsychology Center has a strong reputation for accurate diagnosis. Whether your child has ADHD, anxiety, a learning disability, or any other underlying condition, our specialists can find answers for you.
Oakland Neuropsychology Center
4190 Telegraph Rd, Suite 2700
Bloomfield Hills, MI 48302
How Does an ADHD Screening Work?
The process for ADHD screening varies slightly from person to person. A toddler will have different screening needs than an older child, and we adjust our techniques accordingly. Here is a general overview of how it works:
- Caregivers Discuss Symptoms and Experiences Their Child Has Had
- Children May Complete an Interview, Puzzle or Test for the Screening, Depending on Age and Development
- You Will Work with a Licensed Neuropsychologist Who Specializes in ADHD Screening
- The Neuropsychologist Will Evaluate All the Circumstances to Determine If ADHD Is the Cause of the Symptoms
- You’ll Receive an Official Diagnosis, along with Resources for Treatment and Support
If your child does not have ADHD, the neuropsychologist may provide an alternative diagnosis or may suggest further testing. No matter where the journey takes you, we’ll be available with positive solutions. Contact Oakland Neuropsychology Center at (248) 644-9466 to get started.
Is ADHD a Learning Disability?
ADHD is not considered a learning disability, but it can affect a child’s performance in school. As a result, children with ADHD may qualify for special education accommodations, depending on their symptoms.
Under the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA), ADHD would be categorized as “Other Health Impaired.” Specific Learning Disabilities are dyslexia, dyscalculia, dyspraxia and similar conditions. Oakland Neuropsychology Center offers learning disability testing, as well as ADHD screening in Metro Detroit. Reach out to (248) 644-9466 to learn more.
A Psychological Testing Provider with High Accuracy Rates
Oakland Neuropsychology Center offers comprehensive mental health testing and behavioral evaluations. Our services include:
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Testing, Including the Condition Formerly Known as Asperger’s Syndrome
- Dyslexia Testing, Dyscalculia Testing and Other Learning Disability Evaluations
- Fetal Alcohol Syndrome (FAS) Testing
- Nonverbal Learning Disorder (NVLD) Testing
- ADHD Screening in Metro Detroit and Surrounding Communities
- Neurological Disorders Testing
- Executive Functions Evaluations
- Mental Health Testing, Such as Depression and Anxiety Testing
- Gifted & Twice Exceptional Testing
- Testing Accommodations for the SAT, ACT, LSAT, MCAT and Other Exams