ADHD Screening near Brighton MI
Life with ADHD can certainly be frustrating, but it is entirely manageable with proper support. The first step in that journey is an ADHD screening, which will diagnose if this condition is indeed the root of the struggles. If not, there are many other screenings that can deduce why your child has difficulty in school, at home, etc.
If you would like an ADHD screening near Brighton MI, contact Oakland Neuropsychology Center at (248) 644-9466. We have several specialists on staff who can assist you, and we’re happy to answer questions over the phone.
What Is Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)?
ADHD is classified as a neurodevelopment disorder. It affects a person’s ability to focus, regulate impulses, stay on task, and interact with others. ADHD does not “go away,” but people with ADHD can learn how to manage their symptoms and pursue accommodations to improve their daily lives.
Here is a look at some common ADHD symptoms:
- Trouble Paying Attention during School Activities or Tasks with Instructions
- Easily Distracted or Forgetful
- Difficulty Staying Organized or Keeping Track of Important Items
- Interrupting Conversations or Appearing to Not Listen When Spoken to
- Fidgeting Behaviors and Hyperactivity
- Poor Impulse Control
- Blurting out Answers before Hearing the Entire Question
- Trouble Staying Seated
- Frustration with Tasks That Require Extended Focus or Time Commitments
The only way to know for sure if your child has ADHD is through a professional diagnosis. Oakland Neuropsychology Center offers ADHD screening near Brighton MI. We receive consistent referrals because of our high accuracy rates for diagnosis. You may schedule an appointment for your child by calling (248) 644-9466.
Early Diagnosis Leads to Early Intervention and a Better Quality of Life
Early diagnosis is almost always ideal. This allows you to pursue treatment and support as quickly as possible, which may bypass some frustrations in the future. Oakland Neuropsychology Center offers a wide range of psychological testing services to accommodate your family, including the following:
- Executive Functions Coaching
- ADHD Screening near Brighton MI
- Independent Educational Evaluations (IEE)
- Autism Testing
- Mental Health Assessments, Such as Depression and Anxiety Testing
- Nonverbal Learning Disorder Testing (NVLD)
- Learning Disabilities Testing, Such as Auditory Processing Disorder and Dyslexia Testing
- Neurological Disorder Evaluations
- Giftedness and Twice Exceptional Exams
- Guardianship Evaluations
- IQ Testing
- Fetal Alcohol Syndrome Testing
- And Other Neuropsychological Testing Services
If You’d Like to Schedule an ADHD Screening near Brighton MI, Please Call Oakland Neuropsychology Center at (248) 644-9466
Oakland Neuropsychology Center
4190 Telegraph Rd, Suite 2700
Bloomfield Hills, MI 48302