Twice Exceptional Testing near Birmingham MI
Does your child struggle in school, despite having a noticeably brilliant mind? Are you worried that the current academic accommodations are not adequately suited for your child’s needs? These are some of the reasons parents pursue twice exceptional testing near Birmingham MI. Oakland Neuropsychology Center offers giftedness testing, twice exceptional testing, and other psychological evaluations for children.
- High Accuracy Rates for Giftedness Testing and Twice Exceptional Testing
- Comprehensive Psychological Testing and Neuropsychological Evaluations for Children
- ADHD Testing, ADD Testing, Autism Testing, Asperger’s Testing and Learning Disabilities Testing
- Nonverbal Learning Disorders Testing and Neurological Disorders Testing
- A Comfortable Environment for Children and Their Families
- Doctorate-Level Clinical Psychologists with Extensive Experience in Their Specialties
- Executive Functions Testing and Follow-up Care Recommendations
If you’d like to speak with our intake coordinator to determine if twice exceptional testing is right for your child, please contact us at (248) 644-9466.
What Does Twice Exceptional Mean?
Twice exceptional children are within the giftedness spectrum, but they have a secondary condition that may make day-to-day life a struggle. For instance, many twice exceptional children have a learning disability or attention deficit in combination with their giftedness. During twice exceptional testing, we evaluate a child’s strengths and weaknesses to form an actionable diagnosis.
Gifted and twice exceptional children may experience the following symptoms:
- Divergent Thinking or Unusual Perspectives
- Remembering Unexpected Details for Events
- Unique Sense of Humor
- Experimental Thoughts and Behaviors
- A Compulsion for Organization
- Strong Emotions and Sensitivity
- Achieving Tasks in Creative Ways (Not Following Instructions Step-by-Step)
To find out if your child is gifted, twice exceptional, or dealing with other underlying conditions, call (248) 644-9466 to schedule an evaluation.
Life after a Twice Exceptional Diagnosis
You have a diagnosis. Now what? Well, you could use that to pursue special education accommodations for your child, or you may be able to work with a counselor who specializes in twice exceptional treatment. The goal of any intervention plan is to give your child tools to navigate life. He or she can learn how to make use of strengths to overcome weaknesses. We’ll provide personalized recommendations for specialists after the evaluation.
Oakland Neuropsychology Center
4190 Telegraph Rd, Suite 2700
Bloomfield Hills, MI 48302
Our office hours are Monday through Friday from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM.