Twice Exceptional Testing in Oakland County MI
Is your child notably intelligent but still seems to be struggling in school? Are you unsure what the source of the academic struggles may be? Do you want to find accommodations to help your child enjoy a better experience, both at school and at home? Oakland Neuropsychology Center offers many psychological and neuropsychological testing services to assist you. Our evaluations include:
- Executive Functions Testing
- Nonverbal Learning Disorder Testing
- ADHD Testing and ADD Testing
- Neurological Disorders Testing
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Testing
- Anxiety Testing and Depression Testing
- Independent Educational Evaluations (IEE)
- Learning Disabilities Testing, Such as Dyscalculia and Dyslexia Testing
- Fetal Alcohol Effects Testing (FAE and FAS Testing)
- Giftedness Testing and Twice Exceptional Testing in Oakland County MI
To speak with our intake coordinator about child evaluations, please call (248) 644-9466.
What Is the Difference between Giftedness and Twice Exceptional?
Twice exceptional individuals have the characteristics of giftedness coupled with at least one other developmental inconsistency. For example, a twice exceptional student may have a learning disability or attention disorder in addition to their gifted traits. These struggles call for a specialized treatment approach, but they can be managed with proper guidance.
Symptoms of giftedness and twice exceptional behaviors include:
- Divergent Thinking
- Remembering Experiences in a Unique Way (Focusing on Unexpected Details)
- Unusual Sense of Humor
- Curiosity and a Desire to Experiment
- Intense Emotions and Sensitivity
- Organizational Compulsions
- Creative Approaches to Tasks
If you think your child may be in need of twice exceptional testing, call (248) 644-9466 to reach our neuropsychological testing office in Oakland County MI.
Can Twice Exceptional Children Qualify for Special Education Accommodations?
In many cases, a twice exceptional diagnosis could qualify a child for special accommodations at school. The school may conduct a separate evaluation for an IEP, but you can seek a professional diagnosis to advocate for your child. Our staff would be happy to guide you along the way.
Oakland Neuropsychology Center
4190 Telegraph Rd, Suite 2700
Bloomfield Hills, MI 48302