Executive Functions Testing near Pontiac MI
Does your child have trouble completing tasks or staying organized? These skills are known as “executive functions” and they control how successfully a person gets things done. Executive functions cover tasks such as:
- Regulating Emotions
- Completing Tasks from Start to Finish
- Staying Organized
- Understanding Other People’s Perspectives
- Paying Attention
- Remaining on Task after the Start
- Planning, Cleaning, and Following Directions
- Memorizing or Processing Information
- Keeping Track of Personal Items
If your child is struggling in these areas, there may be an underlying condition at play. Our assessment can pinpoint the culprit and point you toward treatment/accommodations. Difficulties with executive functions could be a sign of ADHD, autism or executive dysfunction. There may be overlapping conditions as well, which requires a more personalized treatment plan.
How Does Executive Functions Testing Work?
The best way to determine if a child struggles with executive functioning is through a neuropsychological evaluation. Executive functions testing may involve an interview approach, such as a questionnaire, or an observational approach. The specialist will monitor behaviors and activities to determine what the root issue may be.
Every testing experience is slightly unique because of variations in childhood development. The end goal is the same though – find out what’s going on and how to best address it.
Oakland Neuropsychology Center
4190 Telegraph Rd, Suite 2700
Bloomfield Hills, MI 48302
Mental Health and Behavioral Evaluations from Doctorate-Level Psychologists/Neuropsychologists
Executive functions testing is just one of the many evaluation services we have to offer. Our specialists have years of highly focused training, well past their doctorate degrees. You deserve to get the right diagnosis from the start, and that’s exactly what we aim to provide. We work with many clients who have been misdiagnosed in the past and dealt with a sea of frustrations to follow. If you’re in that position, it’s time to start a new chapter.
Our psychological and neuropsychological testing services include:
- Anxiety Testing
- Independent Educational Evaluations (IEE)
- Guardianship Evaluations
- Neurological Disorders Testing
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Testing
- ADHD Testing and ADHD Coaching
- Fetal Alcohol Syndrome Testing
- Executive Functions Testing near Pontiac MI
- Nonverbal Learning Disorder Testing (NVLD)
- IQ Testing and High Stakes Exams Resources
- Giftedness/Twice Exceptional Evaluations
- Depression Evaluations
- Learning Disabilities Testing (Dyslexia Testing and Others)