Executive Functions Testing near Farmington MI
ADHD and executive dysfunction have many overlapping symptoms, but they represent slight variations in how a person gets through life. Someone with ADHD may struggle with executive functions, but it’s essential to distinguish the true source of the struggle. This is where executive functions testing comes in. Our specialists analyze the situation at hand to pinpoint the root of the matter.
Executive functions cover a broad spectrum of self-regulation skills, including:
- Controlling emotions, thoughts, and actions
- Processing other people’s opinions
- Understanding directions and completing tasks from start to finish
- Time management, focus, and organization
- Identifying important information
- Cleaning and keeping track of personal items
- Memorizing facts
- Adjusting to unexpected changes
- Prioritizing tasks to meet goals
- Self-awareness and impulse control
Executive functions testing evaluates your child’s strengths and struggles to help you navigate the future. You can work with an executive functions coach to improve areas that might be lacking, and you can pursue additional psychological testing as needed.
Contact Oakland Neuropsychology Center at (248) 644-9466 to learn more about executive functions testing near Farmington MI.
Can Executive Function Skills Get Better on Their Own?
While it is possible for a child to develop coping strategies on their own, the journey may be extremely difficult. Children inherently need guidance to regulate their emotions, sharpen their focus, and process information. Add executive function struggles to the mix, and you’ll end up with a frustrating journey for all involved.
Executive functions testing opens a world of opportunities. Your child can receive help early on, so they don’t have to tackle this transformation alone. Visit Oakland Neuropsychology Center at:
Oakland Neuropsychology Center
4190 Telegraph Rd, Suite 2700
Bloomfield Hills, MI 48302
High Accuracy Rates for Diagnoses
Oakland Neuropsychology Center assists families throughout the Farmington area. We receive ongoing referrals for ADHD and executive functions testing because of our high accuracy rates. Simply put, you can come to our office knowing you’ll leave with answers. We want to put you on a path toward treatment, support, and improvement.
Our psychological testing services include the following:
- Anxiety Testing
- Guardianship Evaluations
- Independent Educational Evaluations (IEE)
- Autism Testing (ASD Testing)
- ADD and ADHD Testing
- IQ Testing and Giftedness Exams
- ADHD Coaching
- Executive Functions Testing near Farmington MI
- Neurological Disorders Testing
- Depression Evaluations and Mental Health Assessments
- Fetal Alcohol Syndrome Testing
- Nonverbal Learning Disorder Testing (NVLD)
- Learning Disabilities Testing, Including Dyslexia Testing
- And Other Neuropsychological Evaluations