Executive Functions Testing near Birmingham MI
Executive function skills are responsible for self-regulation. Most children need some form of guidance to learn how to self-regulate, but some face more significant struggles than others. With the help of executive functions testing, we can identify where your child struggles the most so he or she can pursue personalized coaching.
Examples of executive functions include:
- The ability to complete tasks from start to finish
- Regulating emotions, thoughts, and actions
- Keeping track of personal items
- Organizing and keeping a clean work/learning environment
- Focus and time management
- Interpreting the importance of tasks or the true meaning of someone else’s opinion
- Following directions as written
- Deciphering which elements are important when given new information
- Memorizing facts
If you’re interested in executive functions testing near Birmingham MI, contact Oakland Neuropsychology Center at (248) 644-9466. We are happy to answer questions on the phone.
What Is the Best Way to Treat Executive Dysfunction?
The term “executive dysfunction” describes a person who struggles to manage their emotions, thoughts, and behaviors. After executive functions testing, you can work with a specialist to find solutions for your child’s unique needs. An executive functions coach can recommend personalized coping strategies to combat day-to-day struggles. These are tools your child can lean on for their entire life.
Oakland Neuropsychology Center
4190 Telegraph Rd, Suite 2700
Bloomfield Hills, MI 48302
Note that executive dysfunction is not the only potential cause of struggles. Some children have difficulties in school or at home because of anxiety, ADHD, autism, or any number of underlying factors. Oakland Neuropsychology Center will recommend the best testing path to assess your child’s symptoms and behaviors.
Thorough Psychological Testing and Neuropsychological Evaluations
Oakland Neuropsychology Center offers a variety of psychological testing services for families, including executive functions testing near Birmingham MI. We have proudly served this community for years now, and we have strong referral rates from local schools and physicians. Our experts have a strong reputation for highly accurate diagnoses, which mark the first step toward a better quality of life.
Some of our most sought-after testing services include:
- Anxiety Testing, Depression Testing, and Mental Health Assessments
- Autism Testing (ASD Testing)
- ADHD Testing (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder)
- IQ Testing
- Twice Exceptional/Giftedness Testing
- Guardianship Evaluations
- Neurological Disorders Testing
- Independent Educational Evaluations (IEE)
- Nonverbal Learning Disorder Testing (NVLD)
- ADHD Coaching
- Executive Functions Testing
- Fetal Alcohol Syndrome Testing (FAE and FAS)
- Learning Disabilities Testing, Such as Dyscalculia and Dyslexia Testing
- And Other Neuropsychological Testing Services