High Stakes Exams near Southfield MI
Whether you’re planning for the SAT, GED, ACT or any other high stakes exam, it’s a nerve-racking experience. Students and caretakers alike face a great deal of stress during these exam periods, especially if there is a disability at play. Oakland Neuropsychology Center offers accommodations for high stakes exams near Southfield MI. This includes special education arrangements outlined by the ADA.
Our office is located at:
Oakland Neuropsychology Center
4190 Telegraph Rd, Suite 2700
Bloomfield Hills, MI 48302
To schedule an appointment or learn more about high stakes exam support, give us a call at (248) 644-9466.
What Kinds of Accommodations Can Students Qualify for?
The Americans with Disability Act Amendment Act (ADAAA) protects students with physical disabilities, but it’s not expressly designed for students with learning disabilities. Nevertheless, there are many accommodations a student may qualify for following a professional evaluation and documented diagnosis. Examples of ADA testing accommodations include:
- Extended Test Times
- Distraction-Free Rooms for High Stakes Exams
- Wheelchair Accessible Testing Stations
- Braille and Large Print Test Documents
- Scribes to Transfer Answers to Test Documents (Scantrons)
- Screen Reading Technology
- Extra Break Times
- Accommodations for Meals and Medications, as Needed
- Personalized Accommodations in Accordance with ADA Guidelines
Every student is unique, and we can find a combination of solutions that addresses your family’s needs. If you’d like more information about the accommodations available for you or your child, contact Oakland Neuropsychology Center at (248) 644-9466.
Comprehensive Evaluations with an Accurate Diagnosis
A psychological evaluation or neuropsychological assessment is one of the first steps in pursuing special education accommodations. To get adequate support during a high stakes exam, you’ll need a professional diagnosis. Our experienced neuropsychologists offer a range of testing services, including:
- Dyslexia Testing
- Autism Testing
- Dysgraphia Testing
- ADHD Testing
- Dyscalculia Testing
- Learning Disability Testing
- Nonverbal Learning Disorder (NVLD) Assessments
- Executive Functions Evaluations
- Neurological Disorders Testing
- Mental Health Evaluations, Such as Anxiety Testing
- Giftedness/Twice Exceptional Testing
- And Other Psychological and Neuropsychological Testing Services
We can also put you in touch with treatment specialists and educational advocates who can assist in your journey. The sooner the diagnosis, the easier it is to find personalized coping strategies. Reach out to learn about psychological testing before high stakes exams.