Dyslexia Testing near Southfield MI
Dyslexia is the most common neuro-cognitive disorder, affecting at least 80% of Americans with learning disabilities. Despite how widespread this condition is, many children do not get properly diagnosed until their teen or adult years. Early diagnosis can point children on a path to success in their formative years, giving them tools to adapt to life with dyslexia. If you’d like to pursue dyslexia testing for your child, our licensed clinical psychologists are here to help.
Oakland Neuropsychology Center
4190 Telegraph Rd, Suite 2700
Bloomfield Hills, MI 48302
Is It Worth Getting Tested for Dyslexia?
Living with dyslexia can be challenging, but it is especially frustrating if you don’t know what the root issue is. You or your child might function without a diagnosis, but having definitive answers will allow you to seek treatment and accommodations as needed. Dyslexia testing is the first step toward a better quality of life.
- A Dyslexia Diagnosis Could Give You or Your Child Access to Lifestyle Accommodations (Extended Test Times, School-Provided Tutoring, etc.)
- Dyslexia Testing Provides Answers to Day-to-Day Frustrations
- Early Testing Leads to Early Intervention, Such as Personalized Treatment and Therapy
- Diagnosis May Ease Certain Concerns – Your Child Can Feel Better Knowing There Is a Reason for the Delays
- You Can Have Peace of Mind Knowing You Now Have the Tools to Help Your Child Succeed
If you’d like to learn more about dyslexia testing and other learning disability evaluations, contact Oakland Neuropsychology Center at (248) 644-9466.
Find the Root Cause of Social and Academic Struggles – Comprehensive Psychological Evaluations
It’s entirely possible that there is something else going on, instead of dyslexia or in addition to it. Consider us your neuropsychological detectives. We’ll carefully piece together the clues to definitively diagnose what’s going on. Our services include:
- Learning Disabilities Testing and Nonverbal Learning Disorder Testing
- Dyslexia Testing, Dysgraphia Testing, and Dyscalculia Testing
- Autism Testing and Asperger’s Testing
- ADHD Testing and ADD Testing
- Anxiety Testing
- Depression Testing
- Giftedness/Twice Exceptional Testing
- Fetal Alcohol Syndrome Testing and Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders Testing (FAE/FAS Testing)
- Neurological Disorders Testing
- Executive Functions Testing
- And Other Psychological and Neuropsychological Testing Services