Dyslexia Testing near Birmingham MI
Dyslexia affects a person’s ability to interpret written language. The symptoms are often present before a child starts school, but some children are not diagnosed until their later years. If you think your child may have a learning disability, consider getting him or her screened. Oakland Neuropsychology Center offers professional dyslexia testing near Birmingham MI. Reach out to (248) 644-9466 to schedule an appointment.
What Does the Dyslexia Test Look for?
Dyslexia testing evaluates a person’s symptoms and behaviors to determine if dyslexia is indeed the root cause. If not, there may be a different condition or learning disorder at play. Some children with dyslexia have overlapping conditions, such as anxiety, ADHD or autism. With a proper diagnosis, we can point your family in the right direction for help and support.
Dyslexia symptoms may include:
- Delayed Development in Speech and Reading
- Mixing up Sounds in a Word
- Trouble Sounding out New Words
- Problems with Memorization or Learning Nursery Rhymes
- Reading below Grade Level
- Difficulty Identifying the Difference between Similar Letters
- Problems with Sequences and Patterns
- Avoiding Reading and Spelling Tests (Potentially Accompanied by Defiant Behaviors)
- Trouble Finding Words to Answer a Question
For more information about how dyslexia testing works, contact Oakland Neuropsychology Center at (248) 644-9466.
Are Schools Required to Accommodate Students with Dyslexia?
While the laws vary from state to state, all states require some form of special education accommodations for students with dyslexia. Dyslexia is covered under the Individuals with Disabilities in Education Act (IDEA), which applies on a federal level. With the help of dyslexia testing near Birmingham MI, you can have a definitive diagnosis to pursue accommodations for your child.
Oakland Neuropsychology Center
4190 Telegraph Rd, Suite 2700
Bloomfield Hills, MI 48302
Other Assessments to Pinpoint the Root of Your Child’s Challenges
Dyslexia may not be the answer, but something is. Our professionals will connect the dots to see what’s causing your child’s symptoms or behaviors. Our services include:
- Autism Testing
- Dyslexia Testing
- Learning Disability Evaluations
- Fetal Alcohol Syndrome Testing
- Dyscalculia Testing
- Dysgraphia Testing
- Auditory Processing Disorder Testing
- Nonverbal Learning Disorder (NVLD) Testing
- ADHD Screening and ADD Evaluations
- Neurological Disorders Testing
- Language Processing Disorder Testing
- Executive Functions Examinations
- Depression Testing, Anxiety Assessments and Other Mental Health Evaluations
- Twice Exceptional Testing
- Giftedness Testing
- Testing Support and Accommodations for College Entrance Exams