Anxiety Testing in Metro Detroit MI
Oakland Neuropsychology Center provides anxiety testing in Metro Detroit MI. Dr. Isabelle Beaulieu specializes in psychological testing for children and teens. She is known for providing highly-accurate diagnoses that lead to effective long-term treatment. If you believe your child may have anxiety, a psychological evaluation can provide the answers you’re looking for.
To schedule an appointment, contact us at (248) 644-9466.
Types of Anxiety Disorders among Children
There are many forms of anxiety disorder that your child may be diagnosed with. These include:
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder: This is the most common form of anxiety, affecting approximately 18% of U.S. adults. Among children, GAD tends to display as excessive worry. Your child may worry about school, family issues, performance in activities, and other matters.
- Panic Disorder: Persistent panic attacks, with or without identifiable triggers.
- Social Anxiety (Agoraphobia): A child feels anxious in social settings or has difficulty starting conversations among peers.
- Separation Anxiety: A child becomes emotional when a family member or loved one leaves. This is common among infants and toddlers, but for a small portion of children, the feelings continue into their youth. Separation anxiety may be brought on by a traumatic event, such as a child being removed from his or her home.
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder: Children may develop PTSD after an event that was traumatic to them. This may be an obvious trauma, such as a car accident, or it may be from a less obvious trauma, such as moving to a new city.
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder: Characterized by having preoccupied thoughts or ritualistic behaviors – not to be confused with perfectionism.
We will gladly answer any questions you have about anxiety testing in Metro Detroit MI. Contact (248) 644-9466 to speak with one of our knowledgeable staff members.
Steps to Take after Anxiety Testing
If Dr. Isabelle diagnoses your child with anxiety, you can use that diagnosis to seek age-appropriate treatment. We will recommend anxiety specialists in Metro Detroit MI who can help your child cope with anxiety and respond to anxiety triggers. The diagnosis may also assist with school accommodations, as needed.
If the psychological evaluation did not identify anxiety as the root issue, Dr. Isabelle may recommend additional testing for your child.