Fetal Alcohol Effects Testing in Metro Detroit
Fetal alcohol effects impact children who were exposed to alcohol during their development in the womb. These effects lead to fetal alcohol spectrum disorders (FASD), including fetal alcohol syndrome (FAS). Some signs of FAE are noticeable early on, while developmental delays may take longer to detect. Oakland Neuropsychology Center offers comprehensive evaluations to pinpoint the underlying issues a child is facing and point a family toward treatment. Our services include:
- Fetal Alcohol Effects Testing, Including Fetal Alcohol Syndrome Testing
- Depression Testing, Anxiety Testing, and Other Mental Health Assessments
- Executive Functions Testing
- ADHD Testing and ADD Testing
- Learning Disabilities Testing, Such as Dyslexia Testing, Dysgraphia Testing and Dyscalculia Testing
- Neurological Disorders Testing
- Nonverbal Learning Disorder Testing
- Autism Testing and Asperger’s Testing
- Giftedness/Twice Exceptional Testing
- And Other Neuropsychological/Psychological Evaluations
To learn more about fetal alcohol effects testing in Metro Detroit, please call (248) 644-9466.
What Are the Signs of Fetal Alcohol Effects (FAE)?
Many families and doctors notice the physical signs of FAE first, such as small head size, below-average height or weight, atypical facial features and organ-related issues. If a child does not display these symptoms, the behavioral and psychological symptoms may be better indicators of the condition. These include:
- Poor Judgement and a Lack of Impulse Control
- Difficulties Interacting with Peers, Often Due to Delayed Social Skills
- Hyperactive Behaviors and Learning Disabilities
- Poor Perception of Time
- Difficulties with Coordination and Balance
- Problems Remembering Information
- Delayed Communication Skills
- Issues with Organizing, Planning, Problem Solving and Sticking to the Task at Hand
With the help of fetal alcohol effects testing, we can determine if these symptoms are attributed to FAE, FAS, FASD or something else entirely. To schedule a consultation for FAE testing in Metro Detroit, contact us at (248) 644-9466.
How to Help a Child with an FAE Diagnosis
A fetal alcohol effects diagnosis is the starting point of a much longer journey. Thankfully, there are several FAE specialists in Metro Detroit that can guide you through the next steps. We’ll connect you with the right professionals to receive treatment, therapy, educational assistance, and much more.
Oakland Neuropsychology Center
4190 Telegraph Rd, Suite 2700
Bloomfield Hills, MI 48302